- Accommodates specimens up to 70mm diameter and 50mm thick
- 17.5mm X/Y specimen movement
- Approximately 1 minute pump-down time
- Magnifications up to 30,000x sample dependent
- Low-vacuum, charge-up reduction mode to decrease need to sputter samples
- 5 and 15 kV accelerating voltages
- SE, BSE and EDS modes possible
ThermoFisher Pathfinder Basecamp EDS detector
- Silicon drift detector (SDD)
- Spectrum, point scan, and spectral imaging (mapping)
- More than 1,000,000 cps
- Measure topographical features using secondary electron imaging
- Determine phase separation of metals and ceramics
- Image non-conductive materials without coating
- Determine elemental separation in non-homogeneous samples (EDS)
- Find weight and atomic percent composition down to 1% accuracy (EDS)
|University of Utah users||$20.44|
|Off-Campus, Academic users||$31.28|
For the complete list of rates and more information about operator assistance, please review our lab rates.
Sample prep and software: https://youtu.be/gJfF49mSWL4
Additional (optional) methods
EDS software (Pathfinder): https://youtu.be/-I40b7YUEVE
If you already have an account with us, you can find the machine on Cores under Materials Characterization - Meldrum.
If you don't have an account with us yet, please review How It Works for information on getting started.